Several times during the school year many of our children are going to want to give presents to their teachers. Not all children want to do it. Girls are more inclined to want to give their teachers a gift than boys are. It can also depend on what everyone else is doing, as well as the relationship between the student and the teacher.
If you child wants to give a present to his/her teacher, here are some suggestions for gifts that teachers will appreciate
- Teachers work hard with our children, and then have to come home and take care of their own families. They often don't have the time or energy to make special food items. All food gifts are great presents. Working couples often share cooking responsibilities. Male teachers are usually just as appreciative of baked goods they can share with their families as female teachers.
- Teachers also appreciate the personal items we all need, such as soaps, lotions, after-shave, bubble bath, and other items for the bath and grooming.
- Computer and home office accessories make great gifts. Some suggestions would be special computer papers, stationary, note cards, pens, and calendars.
- Also appreciated are items that add to the ambiance or resources of the classroom, such as books, magazines, maps, or even small plants. These can also be given on a personal level.
- Seasonally appropriate items at Christmas like tree ornaments and candles are always favorites. Most women love handcrafted items.
Talk with your child about what to buy or make for their teacher. They are the ones giving the gift. Be sure that they are comfortable with what you decide on so that it will be a positive experience for them.